- Take 1.5ml ACD-A or sodium citrate anticoagulant into the GLO PRP syringe
- Take 8.5ml blood from the patient by using a scalp vein set (butterfly set). (Draw the lower part of the piston to the level of 10ml)
Attaching the RBC collector
- Attach the RBC (Red Blood Cell) collector firmly into the GLO PRP syringe.
- Remove the plunger from the GLO PRP syringe by turning it counterclockwise. (Press the syringe slightly with fingers from the point where the piston is)
- Invert the GLO PRP syringe gently several times.
- Insert the GLO PRP syringe into the centrifuge
- Insert the pink counterbalance into the centrifuge, always opposite from the GLO PRP syringe (if 1 or 3 GLO PRP syringes are used)
- Set up the program: 1200g RCF, 5 minutes and start by pushing “Soft Start”
Separating the RBC collector
- Remove the syringe (and the pink counter-balance) from the centrifuge and connect the plunger back into the GLO PRP syringe by turning it clockwise.
- Carefully separate the RBC collector from the GLO PRP syringe and dispose it.
Discharge of remaining red blood cells and the use of Buffy Coat
- Discharge the remaining RBC from the GLO PRP syringe by pushing down the plunger. RBC pushed down to 0ml line = with Buffy Coat, All RBC removed (only clear serum) = without Buffy Coat (Take a firm hold of the plunger and the GLO PRP syringe and press firmly but carefully to prevent too much of RBC’s to be discharged)
- Turn the GLO PRP syringe upside-down and release the remaining air from the GLO PRP syringe by pushing the content up to the tip.
- Remove the plunger and plug the grey cap firmly on the tip of the GLO PRP syringe.
- Insert the GLO PRP syringe and the yellow counter-balance into the centrifuge.
- Set up the program: 1200g RCF, 10 minutes and start by pushing “Soft Start”
- Remove the syringe from the centrifuge and connect the plunger back into the GLO PRP syringe.
- Carefully separate the grey cap from the GLO PRP syringe.
- Put the syringe coupler into the GLO PRP syringe.
- Connect the desired syringe (1ml for example) with the coupler.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Completion
- PRP can be transferred to the other syringe by pushing the GLO PRP plunger downwards.
- PRP is ready to be used.
DisclaimerGuides and protocols placed on this web-site are intended for the sole use and benefit of licensed (registered) medical professionals (practitioners), health care professionals and authorized distributors of Glofinn. The instructions, contained in guides are not meant to define or suggest any medical or surgical technique but are intended for licensed (registered) medical professionals (practitioners)and health care professionals to consider